Two winners will each receive:
Custom 3D animation redesign of your room presented during the Scott Brothers’ celebrity appearance
VIP Tickets to Jonathan Scott and Drew Scott celebrity appearance on Sunday, April 8 (includes 2 tickets with premium reserved seating, access to the meet and greet with both brothers, and 2 copies of their book: "It Takes Two"), AND
$1,000 from Heritage Federal Credit Union to start your redesign project!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Scott Brothers Room Review Challenge ("Contest" or "Sweepstakes") begins on February 14, 2018 at 12:01 am Central Time ("CT") and ends on April 8, 2018 at 4:00 pm CT ("Promotion Period"). The time shall be determined by Sponsor's timekeeping systems. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion in determining the timeliness of any action or inaction related to this Contest. All times mentioned in these Official Rules are Central Standard Time unless expressly noted otherwise.
Open only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry and reside in Vanderburgh, Warrick, Posey, Gibson, Pike Dubois, Spencer, Perry, Knox and Daviess counties in Indiana; Henderson, Union, McLean, Davies, Hopkins and Webster counties in Kentucky; and Hardin, White, Gallatin, Edwards and Saline counties in Illinois (the "Courier & Press Distribution Area"). Void wherever prohibited by law. Employees of Evansville Courier Company, Inc. ("Sponsor"), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, including any vendors providing services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the "Sponsor Affiliates") and the immediate family members (spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren) and/or those living in the same household of Sponsor or Sponsor Affiliates are not eligible. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor.
TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, you can enter one of the ways outlined below:
1) Go to www.courierpress.com/ScottBrothersChallenge and follow the on-screen instructions to enter. All information you provide must be truthful, accurate and complete. Upon successfully submitting your entry to Sponsor as described above you will receive one (1) entry in the Contest; OR
2) Complete the entry blank that will appear multiple times in the Evansville Courier & Press from February 14, 2018 through March 8, 2018 in print promotional advertisements. Send your completed entry in a hand-addressed, business-size envelope (#10) with first-class postage, to Evansville Courier & Press, Scott Brothers Room Review Challenge Entry, 300 East Walnut Street, Evansville, IN 47713. Entries must be postmarked by the end of the Promotion Period and received by March 8, 2018 at 5PM ET. Limit one entry per envelope. OR
3) Complete the entry blank that will appear multiple times in the Evansville Courier & Press from February 14, 2018 through March 8, 2018 in print promotional advertisements and bring to the Evansville Courier & Press offices at 300 East Walnut Street, Evansville, IN 47713, February 14, 2018 through March 8, 2018, M-F between the hours of 10 am to 2 pm. OR
4) Complete the entry blank that will appear multiple times in the Evansville Courier & Press from February 14, 2018 through March 8, 2018 in print promotional advertisements and bring to Head’s Construction at 1420 N Cullen Ave, Evansville, IN 47715, February 14, 2018 through March 8, 2018, M-F between the hours of 10 am to 5 pm. OR
5) Complete the entry blank that will appear multiple times in the Evansville Courier & Press from February 14, 2018 through March 8, 2018 in print promotional advertisements and bring to Wayne’s Appliance at 5719 E Morgan Ave, Evansville, IN 47715, February 14, 2018 through March 8, 2018, M-F between the hours of 10 am to 5 pm. OR
6) Complete the entry blank that will appear multiple times in the Evansville Courier & Press from February 14, 2018 through March 8, 2018 in print promotional advertisements and bring to Heritage Federal Credit Union at 8266 Bell Oaks Drive, Newburgh, IN 47630 or their 9 others locations, February 14, 2018 through March 8, 2018, M-F between the hours of 10 am to 5 pm. OR
7) Complete the entry blank that will appear multiple times in the Evansville Courier & Press from February 14, 2018 through March 8, 2018 in print promotional advertisements and bring to ERA First Advantage at 8711 West Highway 66, Newburgh, IN 47630 or their 8 other locations, February 14, 2018 through March 8, 2018, M-F between the hours of 10 am to 5 pm. OR
8) On a 3x5 card, hand print your complete name, street address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, zip code, date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy), plus daytime and evening telephone numbers. (If you do not have a telephone, state "No Phone") and information on your room description and photos. Failure to comply with this or any other official rule will result in disqualification.) Mail your entry in a hand-addressed, business-size envelope (#10) with first-class postage, to Evansville Courier & Press, Scott Brothers Room Review Challenge, 300 East Walnut Street, Evansville, IN 47713. Entries must be postmarked by the end of the Promotion Period and received by March 8, 2018. Limit one entry per envelope.
Limit one entry per person and per household address, regardless of method of entry. No mechanically reproduced entries of any kind permitted. Illegible and incomplete entries are void. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, postage due, misdirected entries or entries not received. In the event of a dispute over who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account identified on the online entry form. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or online organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
WINNER SELECTION: Winner(s) will be selected on or about March 20, 2018 from all eligible entries received. Decisions of Sponsor are final on all matters. Limit one prize per person and per household address. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
PRIZE(S): There will be a total of five (5) prizes awarded.
Five finalists will be selected from all entries based information provided on completed entry and two winners (from these five finalists) will be selected by Jonathan Scott and Drew Scott/Scott Entertainment.
Two (2) winners will each receive $1,000 Cash Prize (ARV $1,000) each; Two (2) VIP Tickets including Meet & Greet session, Premium Reserved Seating at main stage presentation and two (2) "It Takes Two Books” (ARV $500) each; 3D Animation Room Design Plan by The Scott Brothers (ARV $1,000) each. Total Prize Package per Winner (ARV $2,500).
Three (3) finalist winners will each receive: $250 Cash Prize (ARV $250) each; Two (2) VIP Tickets including Meet & Greet session, Premium Reserved Seating at main stage presentation and two (2) "It Takes Two Books" (ARV $500) each. Total Prize Package per Finalist (ARV $750).
Potential winners may purchase tickets to the presentation along with copies of the book as described on ticket purchasing page. If purchaser is selected as a finalist or winner, purchased tickets and books can be refunded by Courier & Press as needed.
VIP Tickets with Premium Reserved Seating, Meet & Greet Session Passes, Electronic 3D animations and copies of books will be provided to each winner. Subject to all terms, conditions, restrictions, expiration dates and specifications imposed by issuer. Restrictions apply.
Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No substitution or transfer/assignment of prize by winners permitted. If by reason of printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules, a random drawing will be held to award the advertised number of prizes in the relevant category. Under no circumstances will more than the advertised number of prizes be awarded. Prizes are awarded "AS IS." Winner must pick up his or her VIP Tickets and Meet & Greet Passes package at the Evansville Courier & Press, 300 East Walnut Street, Evansville, IN 47713 M-F between 10 am to 2 pm no later than April 2, 2018 unless an alternate winner is required as described in these Official Rules. Remainder of Prize package (3D animation (2 winners only), Meet & Greet Session, Presentation, Two copies of book) provided to finalists and winners on Sunday, April 8 at the Heritage Federal Credit Union Home Show.
Federal, state, and local taxes on prizes, if any, and any other costs, fees and expenses not listed above as specifically included as part of the prize are the sole responsibility of winner. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. An IRS form 1099 and other tax-related forms and documents may be issued by Sponsor if required by law.
WINNER NOTIFICATION AND RELEASES: On or around March 20, 2018, Sponsor shall notify the potential finalists winner(s) by announcement in the Evansville Courier & Press and/or courierpressexpos.com. The potential prize winner(s) will also be contacted via email by April 1, 2017. If a potential winner does not respond after the first attempted contact from Sponsor within two days, he or she will be disqualified and the prize awarded to an alternate winner as determined from the remaining eligible entries. The potential prize winner(s) may be asked to provide confirmation that he or she is the owner of the relevant email address. Each potential winner may be required, in Sponsor's sole discretion, to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a scan or photo of legal ID, Release of Liability and/or, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release and also to have any companion(s) that will participate in the prize activities, if applicable, return the same documentation before claiming the prize or being allowed to participate in any prize activities. If any of the potential winner or the companion(s), if applicable, is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence, then the parent or legal guardian of the minor potential winner or companion(s) must sign and return all required forms. All forms must be postmarked within 10 days of the date on notification materials if return is requested via mail or forms must be completed before receipt of any prize if prizes are picked up in person. Noncompliance within this time period and/or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. Acceptance of any prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use winners' name, voice, statements, image and likeness for purposes of advertising and trade, in any medium, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
LIABILITY RELEASE & INDEMNIFICATION: By entering this Contest, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Sponsor Affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns (the "Released Parties") from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of, or relating to, your participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities (including, without limitation, any event attended as part of a prize) and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder (including, without limitation, any misrepresentation made by the entrant in connection with the Contest; any non-compliance by the entrant with these Official Rules; claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Official Rules arising from or related to the entrant's involvement with the Contest; acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest; any malfunction, error or other problem arising in connection with the collection, processing, or retention of entry information; or any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winner). The foregoing includes, without limitation, any claim for personal injury, property loss or damage, or death arising in any way in connection with the Contest.
OTHER TERMS: Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the announcement of any prize or in the administration of the promotion, whether caused by computer, technical or human error. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, incomplete, illegible, faulty, or incorrect transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, any damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the online portion of the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the promotion whether caused by computer, technical or human error. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion or any portion of it for any reason, including but not limited to, if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the promotion; or if a computer virus, bug, wireless failure, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper administration of the promotion as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify, freeze or prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation or with any provision in these Official Rules. Any attempt to undermine the operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal & civil laws. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and/or seek damages from any individual making any such attempts to the full extent permitted by law.
GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY BY IN THE COURTS OF INDIANA LOCATED IN VANDERBURGH COUNTY, INDIANA, AND ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGEMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED BY ENTRANT WITH REGARD TO THIS PROMOTION, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS' FEES, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and sponsors in connection with the promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Indiana, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Indiana or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Indiana. The courts of Indiana in Vanderburgh County shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Official Rules and/or this promotion. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Indiana in Vanderburgh County and waive the right to contest jurisdiction.
SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
WINNERS LIST: For the winner name(s), available after May 1, 2018, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Evansville Courier & Press, Scott Brothers Room Review Challenge Winner List, 300 East Walnut Street, Evansville, IN 47713 to be received by July 1, 2018.
SPONSORS: Evansville Courier Company d/b/a Evansville Courier & Press, 300 East Walnut Street, Evansville, IN 47713.