Arrested: May 17 at 9:31 a.m.
Address: 4751 Covert Ave., Evansville
Charge: Operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person less than 18 years old (level 6 felony), neglect of a dependent (level 6 felony), neglect of a dependent (level 6 felony)
Attorney: Donna Davis, public defender
Arresting agency: Evansville Police Department
Status of Case:
- May 19 (information filed): Bond was posted at $150 cash. Condition of bond, defendant is not to drink or drive and is placed on Alcohol and Abuse Probation Services (AAPS)
- May 23 (initial hearing): Court enters preliminary plea of not guilty.
- May 26: After a review of the AAPS bond violation filed 5/24, Court orders a bench warrant.
- June 12 (hearing): reset
- June 21 (hearing): hearing on violation.
- June 22 (hearing): Defendant advised of AAPS bond violation. Court takes it under advisement. Court advised defendant tested positive on the breathalyzer. Defendant is taken into custody without bond.
- June 27 (hearing): Defendant advised of AAPS bond violation. Motion to enter plea pursuant to plea agreement filed.
- July 19 (hearing): Court withholds final judgment of conviciton on counts I, II, II for a period of 18 months and places the defendant on the alcohol abuse probation service (AAPS) for 18 months. If Defendant successfully completes DAPS, the Court will enter final judgment of conviction on Counts I, II and III, each as a Class A Misdemeanor; if not, final judgment of conviction shall be entered on Counts I, II and III, each as a Level 6 Felony, and the Defendant may receive executed time at the Indiana Department of Corrections. Withheld judgment of conviction on Counts I, II and III is set for 1/17/19 at 9:30 a.m. at which time Defendant is ordered to appear.
- July 26 (petition to revoke): Defendant continued held on no bond.
- July 27 (hearing): Defendant admits the petition. Defendant ordered to serve 3 actual days in the Vanderburgh County Jail and return to AAPS with zero tolerance and ordered to comply with all treatment recommendations.
DUI History: Not applicable