Arrested: May 20 at 5:59 a.m.
Address: 6310 Broadway Ave., Evansville
Charge: Operating a vehicle while intoxicated: prior conviction (level 6 felony)
Attorney: Andrew Pittman, retained
Arresting agency: Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office
Status of Case:
- May 22 (information): $1,000 cash bond posted. Condition of bond – defendant is not allowed to drink or drive while the matter is pending.
- May 24 (initial hearing): Defendant fails to appear for initial hearing. Bend warrant ordered.
- May 25: Defendant appears in court. Bench warrant withdrawn. Court enters a preliminary plea of not guilty. Counsel orally requests discovery of body cameras.
- June 19 (hearing): reset
- July 25 (hearing): Defendant has body cam and will file third-party discovery motion. Court desires to place defendant on AAPS (alcohol abuse probation services). At this time – court doesn’t place defendant on AAPS.
- Aug. 4: Motion for ignition interlock device filed
- Sept. 6 (hearing):
February 2016: Operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person (class a misdemeanor), operating a vehicle intoxicated (class c misdemeanor)- enters a guilty plea to count I. state withdraws the allegation of refusal. Count II dismissed. Court sentenced to 365 days at Vanderburgh County Jail – suspended to probation. Defendant ordered to perform 180 hours CWP.