Arrested: May 3 at 2:34 a.m.
Address: 1124 Welworth Ave., Evansville
Charge: Battery against a public safety official (level 6 felony), resisting law enforcement (class a misdemeanor), operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person (class a misdemeanor)
Attorney: David Shaw, public defender
Arresting agency: Evansville Police Department
Status of Case:
- May 4 (information filed): Court sets bond at $2,500 surety/ $250 cash. Defendant to be placed on AAPS.
- May 8 (initial hearing): Court enters preliminary plea of not guilty on behalf of O’Malley. Probation department advises the court the defendant appears in probation and test positive and admits to using. Bench warrant.
- May 9 (hearing): hearing on probation violation.
- May 18 (hearing): Court enters preliminary plea of not guilty.
- June 6 (hearing): Parties have reached an agreement. Matter reset for plea agreement
- June 7 (change of plea): Plea agreement for all three counts. O’Malley sentenced to the Department of Corrections for 14 months with the first 60 days to be served at the Department of Corrections and the balance of 1 years suspended to the Alcohol Abuse Probation Service (AAPS). Court determined the defendant has served the executed portion of sentenced is ordered released from custody. Case closed.
DUI History: Not applicable