Arrested: May 6 at 1:06 a.m.
Address: 8933 Willowbend Dr., Newburgh
Charge: Operating a vehicle with alcohol concentration equivalent to .15 or more (class a misdemeanor), operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person (class a misdemeanor)
Attorney: Mark Phillips, retained
Arresting agency: Evansville Police Department
Status of Case:
- May 8 (initial hearing): Defendant’s license suspended 80 days. Order denying petition for specialized driving permit. Order granting jury trial demand. Cause transferred to felony court.
- May 9 (information filed): Defendant’s motion to produce evidence, defendant’s request for jury trial, petition filed for specialized driving permit.
- June 7 (hearing): State objects to specialized driving privileges. State to obtain NCIC.
- June 12 (hearing): Court denies defendant’s petition for specialized driving privileges. State to provide counsel with discovery if it exists.
- June 28 (hearing): Reset
- July 12 (hearing): State taking no position on defendant’s oral motion. Court grants defendant permission to travel for business purposes.
- Aug. 10 (hearing): Court accepts the parties’ plea agreement, cause deferred for one year with cause to be dismissed on the condition the defendant complies with the conditions of the plea agreement. Defendant to remain free of any further drug or alcohol charges, submit to an alcohol evaluation, follow all recommendations and provide proof of the same to the court within 60 days. Defendant’s license suspension is amended to 30 days with credit. Defendant given permission to travel outside the country for employment obligations.
- Aug. 13 (hearing):
DUI History: Not applicable