Arrested: April 23 at 4:28 p.m.
Address: 719 E Columbia Street, Evansville
Charge: Operating vehicle after being habitual traffic offender (level 6 felony), operating vehicle with alcohol concentration to .15 or more (class a misdemeanor), leaving the scene of an accident, defendant crashes into an unattended car or other (class b misdemeanor)
Attorney: Brian Smith, retained
Arresting agency: Evansville Police Department
Status of Case:
- April 25 (information filed): Court sets bond at $15,000 surety or $1,500 cash. Conditions of bond: AAPS, defendant not to drink or drive
- April 27 (initial hearing): Court sets bond at $500. Court enter preliminary plea of not guilty.
- May 11 (hearing): Omnibus date set at Aug. 1
- June 13 (hearing): reset
- July 11 (hearing): Defendant orally requests specialized driving privileges to and from ABK for daily breathalyzers. State requests defendant file written motion.
- July 28 (hearing): Court denies request for specialized driving privileges.
- Aug. 22 (hearing):
April 2010: OMVWI .15 or greater (enhanced to level D felony), operating vehicle while intoxicated (enhanced to level D felony), resisting law enforcement (level D felony), fail to stop resulting in damage to vehicle (class c misdemeanor), fail to stop resulting nonvehicle damage (class b misdemeanor), operating vehicle while intoxicated with a prior (level D felony), operating vehicle while intoxicated with a prior (level D felony)- files plea agreement. Court finds Ludden guilty in counts I, III, IV and V. Sentences her to Indiana Department of Corrections for 18 months on counts I & III with the first 120 days executed at the Vanderburgh County Jail and the balance suspended to the Alcohol and Abuse Probation Services (AAPS). In counts IV & V, sentenced 60 days each count at the Vanderburgh County Jail to run concurrently with each other . Given credit for 61 days, served plus good time- executed time. Driver’s license suspended for 2 years. Count II is dismissed.
March 2008: OMVWI .15 or greater (class a misdemeanor), OMVWI in manner that endangers a person (class a misdemeanor)- pleaded guilty. Court merges counts I &II. Sentenced 1 year to the Vanderburgh County Jail, suspended to 1 year probation. License suspended for 180 days.