Arrested: April 10 at 4:53 a.m.
Address: 400 Kimber Lane, Evansville
Charge: Operating vehicle with alcohol concentration equivalent to .15 or more (class a misdemeanor), resisting law enforcement where defendant uses vehicle (level 6 felony), resisting law enforcement knowingly or intentionally (class a misdemeanor)
Attorney: Ivan Arnaez, retained
Arresting agency: Evansville Police Department
Status of Case:
- April 12 (information filed): Court sets bond at $15,000 surety or $1,500 cash. Defendant is not to drink or drive.
- April 17 (initial hearing): rescheduled
- April 19 (hearing): Court enters preliminary plea of not guilty on behalf of defendant.
- May 9 (hearing): reset
- May 25 (hearing): Defendant orally advises the court he’ll accept state’s offer. Cause is reset for agreement to be in writing.
- June 1 (sentencing): Defendant is advised that pleading guilty could affect his immigration status. Pleaded guilty to counts I & III. Sentenced to 1 year at the county jail for each count. Sentence is suspended to AAPS (alcohol and abuse probation services). License suspended for 6 months. Case closed.
DUI History: Not applicable