Arrested: March 31 at 9:22 p.m.
Address: 1810 N. Seventh Avenue, Evansville
Charge: Operating a vehicle with an ACE of .15 or more but where defendant has a prior conviction (level 6 felony)
Attorney: Jon Humphress, public defender
Status of Case:
- April 4 (information filed): Court sets bond at $800 cash with conditions of bond to not drink or drive.
- April 5 (initial hearing): Court enters a preliminary plea of not guilty on behalf of Majors. Defendant is placed on AAPS (Alcohol Abuse Probation services).
- April 6 (motion): Request for discovery filed.
- April 25 (hearing): Defendant accepts state’s offer not yet reduced to writing.
- May 17 (hearing): Defendant withdraws her plea of not guilty and enters a plea of guilty to Count I. Defendant given credit. Defendant sentenced to 18 months at Indiana Department of Corrections, three months are to be executed at Vanderburgh County Jail and the remaining are to be suspended to Alcohol Abuse Probation Services. Defendant is entitled to good time credit and time served. Defendant upon release from the VCJ is to report to Probation the first working day upon her release.
September 2015: Operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person (class a misdemeanor), operating vehicle with alcohol concentration equivalent to .15 or more (class a misdemeanor), driving while suspended (infraction) – license suspended. Defendant enters a guilty plea. Count I guilty – Counts II & III dismissed. County Jail for term of a 365 days – with 2 days jail credit – Suspended 360 days Balance of sentence suspended to 1 year probation. Defendant is ordered to serve 5 days executed. No good time credit to apply. Fails to appear for hearing petition to revoke probation. Court orders bench warrant (August 2016). Hearing on violation of probation April 10, 2017.