Arrested: March 28
Address: 16095 E. 1150 Rd, Mt. Carmel, Illinois
Charge: Cause serious injury operating a motor vehicle with ACE equivalent to .08 or more (level 6 felony), operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person (class a misdemeanor)
Attorney: Barry Blackard, public defender
Arresting agency: Indiana State Police
Status of Case:
- March 28 (information filed): Bond set at $5,000 cash. Condition of bond, defendant must sign waiver of extradition.
- March 29 (initial hearing): Court sets bond at $1,000 cash. Condition of bond – no contact order with victim. Court enters preliminary plea of not guilty on Smith’s behalf.
- May 10 (hearing): Defendant to be evaluated for Veteran’s Court.
- June 14 (hearing): Reset. Defendant not present – court will enter bench warrant if defendant doesn’t appear at next hearing.
- July 6 (hearing): rescheduled
- Aug. 10 (hearing): reset
- Aug. 31 (hearing):
DUI History: Not applicable.