Arrested: March 20 at 3:52 a.m.
Address: 1900 Plantation Court, Evansville
Charge: Operating a vehicle with an ACE of .08 or more but where defendant has a prior conviction
Attorney: Donna Davis, public defender
Status of Case:
- March 22 (information filed): Court sets bond in the amount of $10,000 surety/$1,000 cash. Active warrant issued.
- March 24 (initial hearing): reset
- March 27 (Court sets bond): Court sets bond at $5,000 surety, $500 cash. Condition of bond – defendant is not allowed to drink alcohol or operate a motor vehicle. Court enters a preliminary plea of not guilty.
- March 29 (motion): Request for discovery filed.
- May 15 (hearing): Charles Collins withdraws as counsel. Cano assigned public defender. Court orders defendant’s bond to be increased to $750 cash. She’s ordered to post the additional bond $500 within three weeks. Defendant is also placed on AAPS (Alcohol Abuse Probation Services) as a condition of bond. Defendant has to also take care of an outstanding misdemeanor bench warrant today.
- May 30 (order issuing warrant): After review of bond violation, court orders bench warrant.
- May 31 (hearing on warrant): Court gave permission to travel to texas from 5/20 to 5/26 with the condition she report to the probation department upon her return for ETG test.
- June 1 (continue on hearing on warrant): Court enters preliminary plea of not guilty on bond violation. Defendant admits bond violation. Court grants bond violation. Defendant sentenced 2 days at Vanderburgh County Jail.
- June 5 (hearing): Defendant informs court she does not have the money to post additional $500 bond and requests two weeks.
- June 26 (hearing): Petition to revoke filed. Court orders bench warrant. Defendant advised of AAPS bond violation. Defendant admits the bond violation with explanation. Defendant presents letter from her employer indicating Cano was attending to a work emergency. Defendant ordered to serve 1 actual day in Vanderburgh County Jail. Defendant is also to attend 4 consecutive COG meetings on Thursday.
- July 10 (hearing): Reset
- July 18 (hearing): reset
- Aug. 10: Petition to revoke filed- conditions of bond violation. Bench warrant issued.
- Aug. 11 (hearing): canceled
- Aug. 14 (hearing): Defendant admits bond violation. Court hears comments regarding disposition of the bond violation. Court orders defendant to serve 5 actual days at the Vanderburgh County Jail and then return to AAPS as condition of bond with no further violations.
- Sept. 27 (hearing):
November 2015: Operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person, operating a vehicle with alcohol concentration equivalent to .15 or more. Defendant enters plea agreement to count I. Court accepts pleas. Defendant is referred to DADS. Matter deferred with cause to be dismissed upon completion of DADS program. On program’s motion, court takes the PTR under advisement. Defendant to continue in DADS on zero tolerance. Defendant terminated from DADS program. Court sentences 180 days in Vanderburgh County Jail suspended to probation. Defendant’s license suspended for 90 days. Count II is dismissed. Tested positive for alcohol, taken into custody and ordered to serve 1 day in jail. Several months later, probation officer files to revoke probation after defendant tested positive for alcohol again. Sentence amended to 30 days in Vanderburgh County Jail.