Arrested: March 9 at 4:29 a.m.
Address: 218 Maxwell Ave, Evansville
Charge: Operating vehicle with alcohol concentration equivalent to .15 or more (class a misdemeanor), operating vehicle after being habitual traffic offender (level 6 felony)
Attorney: Jon Humphress, public defender
Status of Case:
- March 13 (initial hearing): Bond set at $30,000 surety/ $3,000 cash. Condition of bond – no drinking, no driving and defendant is placed on AAPS. Rescheduled.
- March 16 (initial hearing): Preliminary plea of not guilty entered. Court orders this cause to Vanderburgh Superior Drug and Alcohol Court. Bond set at $5,000 cash only.
- April 7 (hearing): Bond continued at $5,000.
- April 17 (hearing): Defendant accepts the state’s offer. Change of plea hearing set.
- May 17 (hearing): Defendant enters a plea of guilty to operating vehicle after being habitual traffic offender. Sentenced to 6 months at Indiana Department of Correction with 69 days of jail credit. Defendant is entitled to good time credit. Time is executed.
DUI History: Not applicable