Arrested: Feb. 23 at 6:56 p.m.
Charge: Operating a vehicle while intoxicated- endangering a person less than 18 years old (level 6 felony), neglect of dependent def. places dependent in situation that endangers the dep (class 6 felony), neglect of dependent def. places dependent in situation that endangers the dep (class 6 felony)
Address: 1804 N. Thomas Ave, Evansville
Attorney: Karen Head, retained
Status of Case:
- Feb. 24 (information filed): $250 cash bond posted. Condition of bond: defendant is not allowed to operate a motor vehicle or consume any alcohol.
- March 1 (initial hearing): Defendant orally requests specialized license to drive for work purposes. Court will consider same after the mandatory 30-day suspension has passed.
- March 9 (review hearing): reset
- March 23 (hearing): rescheduled
- March 27 (hearing): Defense counsel files for specialized driving privileges and requests Little be allowed to drive for work purposes and for any alcohol treatment groups. Court approves – with condition she enroll in the Alcohol Abuse Probation Services as condition of bond.
- April 3 (violation filed): Probation department files petition of bond violation. Order granting specialized driving privileges rescinded due to Little’s non compliance on AAPS
- April 4 (hearing on violation): Court takes bond violation under advisement.
- April 12 (hearing): Court continues bond violation under advisement for 30 days pending compliance with all condition of AAPS.
- May 8 (hearing): Court takes defendant’s request for specialized driving permit under advisement.
- May 31 (hearing): Defendant orally enters intent to plead guilty in all three charges. Court withholds judgment of conviction in all three counts for 1 year and places defendant on Alcohol Abuse and Probation Services for 1 year. . Upon successful completion of AAPS, judgement of conviction shall be entered in Count 1 as a Class A Misdemeanor and Counts 2 and 3 shall be dismissed. All counts are concurrent. As a condition of said sentence the Defendant’s driver’s license is suspended for a period of 1 year with the conditions of the specialized driving privilege previously ordered.
DUI History: N/A